Supporting dementia research
How Dementia@Manchester can help our academics
Dementia@Manchester would like to extend an offer of support to academics in the process of submitting dementia-related funding applications.
This is in addition to the support provided by the Faculties, eg the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health's funding support service.
As long as proposals are received in good time, our range of very experienced academics are happy to review your research application before submission to ensure it reaches its full potential.
Academics within Dementia@Manchester sit on all the major dementia-related funding panels and boards, including the MRC Neurosciences and Mental Health Board, Alzheimer's Research UK Grants Advisory Board, Alzheimer's Society Grants Advisory Board and the NC3Rs Studentship Assessment Panel.
Dementia@Manchester is able to offer the following support.
- Guidance and assistance in preparing scientific and strategic aspects of your research grant applications.
- Linking to the business engagement team.
- Assistance with arranging patient and public involvement into your project.
- Reviews of the lay aspects of your application.
- General sign-posting to other services provided by The University of Manchester.
We also have generic 'boilerplate' text describing the environment for dementia research in Manchester, which can be used in your application.
Please contact email@example.com as early as possible to be signposted to the right support.